Dr. Andrea Diaz was born and raised in Guatemala, and at a young age she journeyed to the United States to follow her passion in Dentistry. She studied undergrad at University of Colorado in Colorado Springs, where she graduated cum laude with her Bachelor of Science in Biology. She went on to receive her dental degree from Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. Soon after, she became a dental technician, and then a medical interpreter at Memorial Hospital Colorado Springs.
Her desire to help those who can’t afford dental care proved crucial to medical practices in developing countries and inspired her to embark upon a 10-day mission trip for two consecutive years to her homeland of Guatemala.
Dentistry is Dr. Andrea Diaz’s passion because of the challenges it brings, and because it gives her the opportunity to be involved in the well-being of the community while giving every man, woman, and child the beautiful smile they deserve.
- Sirona World 2016 Latest Technology in Dentistry
- Cerec Study Club (certification for performing in-office ceramic dental crowns)
- Botox and Dermal Fillers Certified
- Invisalign Certified
- Treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea Certified
- American Dental Association (Veneers)
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of the Miracle Society of Big Brothers Big Sisters of
- Multiple Sclerosis Walk 2017
- Provided toothbrushes, oral hygiene education, kids teeth brushing competitions and brushing techniques to numerous organizations
- Completed undergrad with honors at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Awarded University of Colorado Colorado Springs Scholarship
- Awarded Chevron/ Phillips Scholarship at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Awarded FAME (First Year Academic Mark of Excellence)
- Organic Chemistry Honors student
- Acknowledgment by Journal ACS Publications
- Dental Missions:
- Florida Mission of Mercy Jacksonville- 2016
- Missouri Mission of Mercy- 2014
- Faith in Practice: I spent two years in my native Guatemala, acting as an interpreter and dental assistant in 2008 and 2009.
- Beverly Farm Foundation: provided dental care to patients with special needs- 2014
- Give Kids a Smile: provided English-Spanish interpreting services and preventive dental care to kids- 2012